Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TOMORROW ON OUTQ: GRAMMY PREDICTIONS

Tomorrow on SiriusXM OutQ's The Morning Jolt with Larry Flick, I'll be back after a two week absence (thanks relentless snowstorms!). With the Grammy Awards coming up this weekend, we'll discuss our predictions in the top four categories - Record, Album and Song of the Year, and Best New Artist. I'll also talk about some of my favorite categories (Best Americana Album, Best Contemporary Blues Album, Best Longform Music Video) and some of my favorite nominees (including Sade).

UNFORTUNATELY, I won't be able to stop by the show Monday morning, as I usually do the day after the Grammy Awards.  Because I have jury duty Monday. I'd make a joke about it - I always look forward to discussing the show the day after with Larry and Keith Price - but given what has been going on in the world lately, I'm grateful for our democracy, and one of the responsibilities of EVERYONE in a democracy is jury duty.  I don't want to soapbox, but I'm grateful for the opportunity, I just wish it wasn't this Monday!

No comments: