Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I HOPE YOU LIKE MY NEW DIRECTION...

Don't worry, I'm not announcing "Jazz Odyssey!" First off, I want to thank everyone who reads my blog. Those of you who contribute in the "comments" section, thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I've been thinking about ways to make No Expiration a bit more useful, and how to incorporate twitter into what I do. So, here's what I'm going to be doing from now on. For breaking news stuff: I'm gonna tweet about it. Follow me here! The reasons I am doing this are kind of twofold.  One: I don't write on this blog during business hours, since I am at work. So I will be tweeting stories (with my commentary in 140 characters or less) throughout the day if I have time to do so. Today I tweeted about Neil Young's upcoming album (produced by Daniel Lanois!), Primus' upcoming tour, the Rush documentary that just won an award at the Tribeca Film Festival, how the floods in Nashville are affecting the Grand Ole Opry, and other stories on Jack White, Trent Reznor and more.

I'm going to use the blog more for my recommendations: records, new songs available on iTunes, cool magazines, DVDs, concerts, etc. And occasaional editorials. So, basically the news is on twitter - and these days, for better or worse, twitter kind of dictates the speed of news - and reviews and features are here. So, to paraphrase the great band, I hope you like my new direction.

No comments: