Tuesday, March 23, 2010

LEMMY + SLASH + GROHL = AWESOME

I just heard that at Revolver's Golden God Awards, Lemmy, along with Slash and Dave Grohl, will perform the Motorhead classic "Ace Of Spades." I imagine that this will, in some way, serve to promote the documentary Lemmy, which comes out soon. Both Grohl and Slash are interviewed in the doc. Lemmy and Grohl have worked together before: along with ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons they did a great cover of Chuck Berry's "Run, Run Rudolph" for the We Wish You A Metal X-Mas compilation. And Lemmy sang "Shake Your Blood" on Grohl's awesome Probot project. I think Lemmy is on Slash's upcoming solo album, and I think Grohl is also. That's pretty cool: I remember back in the day Kurt Cobain had a huge beef with Axl Rose when Nirvana refused to open on the Guns N Roses/Metallica tour. Anyway, the Golden God Awards takes place at L.A.'s Nokia Theater on April 8 and will be broadcast on VH1 Classic on May 22.

No comments: