Friday, January 1, 2010

SOUNDGARDEN: BACK IN 2010 (*NOT* A RUMOR!)


Over the summer, there were lots of rumors of a Soundgarden reunion. Kim Thayil went to one of Chris Cornell's concerts. And Kim, Ben Shepherd and Matt Cameron (along with Tad Doyle of Tad and Cornell's former Audioslave bandmate Tom Morello) did a three song set of Soundgarden songs on the Seattle date of Morello's Justice Tour.

But last night, Chris Cornell tweeted that "The 12 year break is over & school is back in session," and provided a link to the band's new website.

There's no other details that I know of, but I can't wait to see them live. They were actually not a great live band, especially towards the end, but the last time I saw Chris Cornell, a few summers ago, it was the best performance I'd ever seen by him. Clean and sober suits him, and I have high  hopes that Soundgarden in 2010 will be a powerful live experience. I wonder how this affects Matt Cameron's status in Pearl Jam.

No comments: