Wednesday, December 16, 2009

COLBERT AND KEYS TOGETHER, NOW YOU KNOW YOU IN TROUBLE

Why did it take so long for Stephen Colbert and Alicia Keys to collab? Seems like a no-brainer, right? This "suburban remix" makes me forget which MC she worked with on the original version of "Empire State Of Mind." For real, though, I am a big fan of Alicia's, her politics are right on, and I think she makes great records. I have interviewed her, and it's always been a very cool experience. I told her that I should be the person to write liner notes on her box set, and I still maintain that she should keep me in mind for that! Her new album is out this week, I have to pick it up. When Bob Dylan name dropped her in his song "Thunder On The Mountain" on Modern Times, he talked about it in an interview. He said he saw her on TV and felt like, "There's nothing about that girl that I don't like." A rare straight answer from The Bard, and I feel the same way.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorU.S. Speedskating

No comments: