Monday, November 9, 2009

MY iPOD ADDICTION PART 2

I think that vinyl is the best way to listen to recorded music. With that sentence out of the way, I can also say that I am a huge fan of the iPod. I am an iPod addict, actually, and I've been dealing with it.

My computer recently came close to having a meltdown, my harddrive was rapidly running out of space, and my iTunes library of over 36,000 items (mostly songs, also a bunch of episodes of my appearances on the SIRIUSXM channels OutQ, The Catholic Channel, Liquid Metal and E Street Radio) wasn't helping. Also not helping was my wife's huge collection of her photos (which are incredible).

But it was looking like things were about to melt down and even with my stuff backed up to an external hard drive, I was worried. I actually didn't have to stop using my iPod. It's just that I couldn't load any more new music onto my computer, and I definitely was worried about synching my iPod to the computer, the last time I tried it, it took hours and my computer crashed. Luckily, the iPod was OK. But I couldn't update my iPod with new music by Living Colour, Alice In Chains, The Reverend Horton Heat, KRS-One, Arctic Monkeys, reissues by The Beatles and The Beastie Boys, and I couldn't check out newer artists like Florence & The Machine and The Noisettes. I mean, I had the CDs, but I'm just not in my car that much.

At the same time, I had a minor but painful back injury that prevented me from working out (I can be a nut about that too). So for a few weeks there, I felt like I was wearing the wrong clothes, or I was in the mirror universe or something. I'm starting to feel my equilibrium returning!

No comments: