Monday, September 14, 2009

PHIL COLLINS' STATEMENT

Yeah, lots of people like to hate on Phil Collins, but I'll have none of that. I like him. But even if you don't like him, you have to admit he's a great drummer. And even if you don't admit that, it's sad when someone gets a physical ailment that prevents them from doing what they love. And if you don't agree with that statement, I can't help you.

But news came out that Phil has a physical ailment that he developed on the Genesis reunion tour that won't allow him to play drums ever again. He posted a statement on the Genesis website addressing the situation:

"There isn't any drama regarding my 'disability' and playing drums. Somehow during the last Genesis tour I dislocated some vertebrae in my upper neck and that affected my hands. After a successful operation on my neck, my hands still can't function normally. Maybe in a year or so it will change, but for now it is impossible for me to play drums or piano. I am not in any 'distressed' state, stuff happens in life." Get well soon, Phil.

No comments: