Thursday, May 7, 2009

TUNE IN TO E STREET RADIO TOMORROW (MAY 8)

Tomorrow I'll be a guest co-host on Live From E Street Nation on SIRIUS XM's E Street Radio. The show is hosted by legendary Music Journalist Dave Marsh. I can't wait. We'll be talking about Bruce Springsteen's brief performance at Sunday night's Pete Seeger 90th birthday celebration. Live From E Street Nation is a great show: basically people calling in to talk about Bruce, the current tour, and ask Dave questions - sometimes really weird ones - about Bruce. I try to catch it every week if I'm not too busy at my day job.

Oh - this picture. I've posted it before. A Pete Seeger impromtu performance from many years ago. I'm the kid in the Spider-Man shirt by the tree. I showed this picture to my dad, and he told me that it kind of embodies Pete Seeger. We were at some park, and Pete had a gig scheduled somewhere in the park. So he was walking to the gig, saw some kids, and grabbed his banjo and sang a bunch of songs before going on his way. None of the kids probably had much of an idea who he was.

2 comments:

Mojo said...

that's an amazing pic!

B. Ives said...

Thanks, Fwank!