Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PETE YORN'S NEW ALBUMS

I really dug Pete Yorn's debut album, 2001's musicforthemorningafter, and I've enjoyed some stuff he's done since. I'm looking forward to his next album, Back & Fourth, which is being produced by Mike Mogis of Bright Eyes, it comes out June 24. Later this year, on September 8, he is releasing a duet album with Scarlett Johansson, Break Up. I don't know what to think about that. I used to really like her as an actress: I really liked Welcome To The Dollhouse and Lost In Translation, but at some point -- I hate to say this -- she just seemed to go really "Hollywood." Her debut album of Tom Waits covers wasn't really that good. But hopefully this album will be better.  It seems like an odd combo: kind of like She & Him featuring singer/songwriter M. Ward and actress Zoey Deschanel. If it is half as good as that, it may make people forgive her debut. 

No comments: