Sunday, March 29, 2009

SOME AWESOME LIVE STEVIE WONDER STUFF

I'm not the type to download stuff from anywhere but iTunes. And I've never downloaded anything that is commercially available. BUT. Sometmies you can't resist. I found this great Stevie Wonder performance on the excellent blog Aquarium Drunkard (they host SIRIUS XM's Blog Radio on SIRIUS XMU; I don't always agree with their taste, we certainly don't agree on pavement, but it is a great blog). It's pretty incredible. I don't know why Stevie hasn't put out more live recordings from the '60s and '70s. I totally recommend Stevie's recently released Live At Last DVD (which he should also release on CD and mp3), as well as his 1995 live album Natural Wonder. But this is another level, it's him at the peak of his creativity.

No comments: