Tuesday, March 10, 2009

DREAM ON...

Want to sing with Steven Tyler? Well, you can: he's going to be
the headlining artist at Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp this year. Other guys participating include Duff McKagan and Alan White of Yes, as well as Elliot Easton of The Cars and former KISS guitarist Bruce Kuilick. And Todd Rundgren. I read that Liv Tyler originally thought that Todd was her dad, before she learned that it was Steven Tyler. Awkward!
I have no idea why he is doing this. It's a bad look. For the longest time, Aerosmith were able to reinvent themselves and be relevant to younger, more pop audiences. I think they may have lost that (but who knows, it's been so long since they've done a new album), but having their frontman doing this just doesn't look cool for them. I mean, Mick Jagger wouldn't do it. Roger Daltrey has done these, and that doesn't look great either. Sorry to be a snob, but that's how I feel about it.

No comments: