Sunday, December 28, 2008

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ON WORKING ON A DREAM

Like a lot of other Bruce Springsteen fans, I can't wait to hear his new album, Working On A Dream (even though I don't love the title track, I do like the second single, "My Lucky Day," available as a download at amazon). Bruce just left a message to fans about the new album at his official website.

In other Bruce news, I just saw the already-classic film The Wrestler, and Bruce's title track, which runs over the end credits, is just a perfect ending to the film. This song is up there with "Streets Of Philadelphia," and I bet this one will also win an Oscar.

A similar Bruce song is "The Hitter" from Devils and Dust, which Tom Jones just covered. His version is better than Bruce's believe it or not. But both versions are worth checking out.

No comments: