Thursday, September 25, 2008

LUCINDA WILLIAMS: NEW ALBUM AND EP

After seeing Lucinda Williams in concert last year, I decided to take some time off form her, although she is one of my favorite artists. Then, over the summer, I saw her open for John Mellencamp. She was pretty good. 

But no matter how I feel about her performances lately, I would always buy a Lucinda album the minute it comes out. I'm glad that she has an album coming out - Little Honey - and the songs that I've heard were pretty good. On the same day, she's releasing Lu In 08, a four song digital EP of protest songs: Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth," Bob Dylan's "Mater Of War," and a Thievery Corporation song that featured Wayne Coyne from Flaming Lips, "Marching The Hate Machines Into The Sun," and an original, "Bone Of Contention." Definitely something to look forward to! 

No comments: