Tuesday, September 30, 2008

JACK WHITE AND ALICIA KEYS: "ANOTHER WAY TO DIE" - MY VERDICT

Well, you can check out the video for Jack White and Alicia Keys' 007 theme "Another Way To Die" here. Personally, I really like it, both the song and the video. On one hand, it's too bad that Amy Winehouse couldn't get it together to do a song (she was the producers' original choice) but I think they way the song turned out is great. This is a really cool collaboration: it's like 1/3 Jack White, 1/3 Alicia and 1/3 Bond music. I definitely hope that they work together again in the future. I've really liked some recent Bond themes: especially Garbage's "The World Is Not Enough," but also Sheryl Crow's "Tomorrow Never Dies" and even Madonna's "Die Another Day" (which I read Elton John said was "the worst Bond theme ever"). I was actually a bit disappointed with Chris Cornell's "You Know My Name." But I really really dig "Another Way To Die."

No comments: