Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BON JOVI: DISSED BY THE ROCK HALL?


This morning on the news, there was a report on this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ballot. It basically mentioned that Metallica and Run-D.M.C. are on the ballot, but Bon Jovi is not, and were they, overlooked, as they have been around for 25 years and are now eligable? Yes, I live in the tri-state area, and most news teams probably weren't asking this question.

I'm not a snob, but I don't think I'd vote for Bon Jovi. I do think that if The Stooges and Jeff Beck are inducted this year (both are on the ballot) that the Hall will have corrected most of its most egregious oversights.

If I were to add some other artists, I would suggest The Beastie Boys (who were on the ballot last year, but aren't this year), Kiss, Alice Cooper, Motorhead, The New York Dolls and Bill Withers off the top of my head. And Warren Zevon and Tom Waits. And LL Cool J if he's eligible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom Waits should have surpassed some of the existing has beens that have some how snuck their way in to the h.o.f.