Friday, August 1, 2008

CORRECTION AND PROCRASTINATION

First, the correction. I actually misheard the lyrics in Bruce Springsteen's "Girls In Their Summer Clothes." It's not "I ain't got my shoes but I still got my feet," it's "I ain't got much sense but I still got my feet." OK, I still love the lyric. I wish he played that song tonight at Giants Stadium. 

Speaking of which, it was a sort of legendary show. Started an hour late due to an oil spill on the turnpike creating huge traffic problems. But he cracked the midnight curfew and the 3 hour mark (again) with another incredible show. I'm too tired to write about it tonight, though, so it will have to wait for tomorrow. 

And a big middle finger to the Meadowlands, who charge $20 to park, yet the security guards have no idea whether or not there are shuttle buses to take you to your parking lot that they forced you to park in over a mile away from the stadium, and no traffic control in said parking lot, resulting in a huge mess. 

But I don't want to end on a negative note, it was another mind blowing show. Thanks Bruce and thanks to the mighty E Street Band

No comments: