Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ONE JAM I REALLY WISH I DIDN'T MISS

(image from Backstreets) Last week I wrote about the great Mike Ness show I went to. The truth is, I didn't really want to go to that show. Mike was playing the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, New Jersey a few days later, and that was the show that I wanted to go to. Bruce Springsteen is a well known Social Distortion fan, and he did a duet with Mike on "Misery Loves Company" from Mike first solo album, Cheating At Solitaire. Bruce is on break from the Magic tour, and I just figured he might show up. He did. I've been searching the web for photos or video: all I found was a 30 second clip of them finishing a song. But I guess there's something cool and old-school about that: literally, you had to be there. Ah, well, I had a great time at my show, maybe they'll do it again.

No comments: