Saturday, May 10, 2008

"IF I'D HAD A THOUSAND DOLLARS..."

... actually, if I'd had two thousand dollars, I would have loved to have gone to Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band's benefit concert at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank, New Jersey, this past week. It was a fundraiser for the theater itself (an incredible place to see a show if you ever get the chance) and tickets started at $1000 - but I could not have gone without my wife. So, if I was a millionaire, I would have liked to have seen the show. (By the way, this picture, as so many other Springsteen ones that I've used, comes from Backstreets.com). 

It wasn't just any show. And it wasn't just the thrill of seeing Bruce and The E Street Band in a small theater - although that may have been worth the price of admission alone. No, it's that the first set was Darkness On The Edge Of Town, from start to finish. The second set was Born To Run from start to finish. And then there were some encores as well. Wow. I'm sure that they recorded it, and now that they made the money that was necessary for the theater (I heard they raised $3 million), it would be great if other people had a chance to hear the show. Anyway, here's looking forward to seeing Bruce and the band at Giants Stadium this summer. 

No comments: