Sunday, February 17, 2008

THE MUMMIES, THE JIVE FIVE... ANOTHER GREAT DAY ON THE UNDERGROUND GARAGE

I know, I've written about the Underground Garage before. And before that. But I had to share this. The other day I was listening, and they played this song by The Jive Five - "My True Story." Just one of the most beautiful songs ever. I'd heard it before, but I didn't know who sang it. I pulled over to write it down.

Then, the next song was this awsomely primitive, totally hilarious, righteously ass kicking song by a band called The Mummies - "You've Got To Fight
To Survive (On The Planet Of The Apes)."

Like I did when I first heard Ognir & The Night People, I ran home and logged onto iTunes to buy the songs. I did get "My True Story," but The Mummies barely tolerate CDs, apparently, so mp3s ain't happening. No problem, I'm going to order one of their albums.

Some people will tell you that people who like doo-wop don't like primitive garage punk, and vice-versa. There are some good uses for these people: they are good to laugh at. They are good to ignore. But don't invite them to any parties. And if you do, for the love of god, DON'T LET THEM NEAR THE SOUNDSYSTEM (no matter what their "research" says).

No comments: