Wednesday, February 27, 2008

DYLAN HELMING ALBUM OF HANK WILLIAMS' UNFINISHED SONGS

According to an interview that Jack White did with MTV News, he contributed to an album of unfinished Hank Williams songs that Bob Dylan is working on. He said “He came upon, somehow, 20-25 unfinished songs by Hank Williams: just the lyrics, no music, and he started to ask people if they would finish these songs. He did one, asked Willie Nelson to do one, asked me to do one, and I think Lucinda Williams and Alan Jackson are on it too. I think it might come out this year. It's a cool record. And then, there's some other stuff I have coming out, but I can't tell you about it all just yet. You'll have to be patient!"

That sounds like a cool record - it's like the Mermaid Avenue albums that Billy Bragg and Wilco did of unfinished Woody Guthrie songs. I wonder who else will be on this album: if Bob asks my opinion, I'd offer Norah Jones, Ben Harper, Sheryl Crow, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and Hank III off of the top of my head.

No comments: