Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ANOTHER NEW MCCARTNEY ALBUM

According to RollingStone.com, Paul McCartney is working on his next album with Killing Joke’s Youth. I think he’s worked with Youth on his ambient techno projects that he released as “The Fireman.” Of course, Youth has produced a lot of other artists, including The Verve (their Urban Hymns classic, which I just wrote about). I’m sure Paul is looking to tour, but probably waiting for the details of his divorce to be finalized.

Paul’s last album, Memory Almost Full, was OK. I loved the song “Dance Tonight,” but I didn’t love the rest. Maybe Youth is what he needs – a producer who won’t be intimidated by him, and who wants to push him in new directions. Although he did work with Nigel Godrich on Chaos & Creation In The Backyard, which in theory should have resulted in a more edgy album but it didn’t.

No comments: