Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MORE GOOD DYLAN NEWS

Last year, I wrote about how it was a good year to be a Bob Dylan fan, between the I'm Not There film and soundtrack, The Other Side Of The Mirror DVD, and Mark Ronson's remix of "Most Likely You'll Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)."

This year is starting off pretty well: Rolling Stone reports that a compilation of Dylan's televised performances will be released (albeit as an import). The track list:

“Gotta Serve Somebody” (Saturday Night Live, 1979)
“I Believe In You” (Saturday Night Live, 1979)
“When You Gonna Wake Up” (Saturday Night Live, 1979)
“I’ll Remember You” (Farm Aid, 1985)
“Maggie’s Farm” (Farm Aid, 1985)
“Mr Tambourine Man” (with The Byrds, 1990)
“Masters Of War” (Grammy Awards, 1991)
“It’s Alright Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)” (30th Anniversary Concert, 1992)
“My Back Pages” (30th Anniversary Concert, 1992)
“All Along The Watchtower” (Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, 1995)
“Seeing The Real You At Last” (Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, 1995)
“Highway 61 Revisited” (Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, 1995)

I guess we can be thankful that they're not including his Live Aid set with Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood - it was awful. I was actually at the Concert For The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: his set was pretty great. Too bad they're not including "Forever Young," from his set - Bruce Springsteen joined him onstage for that song.

No comments: