Monday, December 17, 2007

ERIC AVERY RETURNS!


If his name sounds familiar, it's because he was the bassist for one of the best bands of all time - Jane's Addiction. In April Eric Avery will release his solo debut, Help Wanted. You have to respect the guy for not being involved in any Jane's reunions. The tours were great - and I really liked their reunion album, Strays (one of the better reunion albums ever, in my mind). But the guy didn't feel it was the right thing to do, and he turned down a lot of money, you have to respect that. The stuff he's done since then has been... interesting. His one-off post-Jane's project with Dave Navarro - Deconstruction - was so weird, it's not that fun to listen to (although maybe I should try to revisit it). I haven't heard his Polar Bear project. On the other hand, he tried out for Metallica, and has played in Alanis Morissette's band.




Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing what the album is like. His contributions to the Jane's Addiction albums were incredible: it was truly a band that was way more than the sum of it's parts (as evidenced by most of the stuff they've done since they first split up).


1 comment:

Admin said...

I have Listen Eric Avery - Help Wanted of Jane's Addiction Album. You can try It At My Blog