Tuesday, December 11, 2007

CELEBRATION DAY

If you're a member of Led Zeppelin, you have very little to prove. But apparently, at last night's reunion show, they played as if they did. If nothing else, it seems like they wanted to provide a great "last page" (no pun intended) to their story. Their prior reunions at Live Aid and the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Concert were infamous debacles. Apparently, last night was a different story.

Every review I've read has raved about how great they were. I'm glad to hear it. I wonder... can they really end it here? I'm sure Robert Plant is still committed to touring with Alison Krauss to promote their awesome Raising Sand album. But surely the temptation to at least do a few festivals has to be more real than it was before last night's show. (I've also read that Plant is planning his next album, to be produced by T-Bone Burnett, who also produced Sand). Next year could be very interesting for Zeppelin fans...

No comments: