Monday, September 10, 2007

ZEPPELIN TO FLY AGAIN?


Something's up with Led Zeppelin: there's been rumors swirling for a while that they've got something planned, more than just their upcoming two CD best of (which I can't imagine will be much different that the Early Days & Latter Days collection) and the Song Remains The Same reissue.
Their website just displays the four symbols, and the date 11.13.07... and, most tellingly, you can sign up for email updates.
I've heard that Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, along with Jason Bonham, will be doing something. I've heard it's going to be a one-off show at London's O2 venue, as a tribute to the late Atlantic Records exec Ahmet Ertegun. I've heard that they may also do two U.S. shows as well. Of course, there's got to be millions upon millions of dollars on the table for them to reunite. But that money has been there for years.
Led Zeppelin are one of my favorite groups of all time, maybe second only to The Beatles, but I don't know how I feel about them reuniting. I think there's a mystique to them, having ended when they did. That said, I'd probably go to the show.
Personally, I'm much more excited about Robert's upcoming album with bluegrass musician Alison Krauss. I think it makes sense that that's what he'd be doing at this point in his life. I guess I hope they do two or three Zep shows, and Robert moves on and tours with Ms. Krauss.

No comments: